|Fashion & Style Information|
Jewelry and Gemstone Care & Cleaning Tips
Diamond earrings, emerald rings, ruby bracelets, sapphire pendants; no doubt about it everybody loves beautiful gem stone jewelry. Gemstones are quite literally hard as rock, buy they can be damaged from careless handling and negligence. Here are some tips for keeping your gems and jewelry looking fabulous for years to come.
1. Remember, even the hardest gemstone variety can be vulnerable to breakage if it has inclusions that weaken the crystal structure. Exercise common sense: if you have a ring set with a softer gem variety or an included stone, take it off before strenuous exercise. Even the hardest gem of them all, diamond, can shatter in two with a single well-placed blow. Never remove rings by pulling on the stone: that habit may result in a loose, then lost, gem.
2. Most importantly, store each piece of gemstone jewelry separately so that harder stones don't scratch softer ones. Almost every gemstone is much harder than the metal it is set in. Gems can scratch the finish on your gold, silver or platinum if you throw your jewelry in a heap in a drawer or jewelry box.
3. Rings in particular tend to collect dust and soap behind the gem, particularly if you wear them all the time. You need to clean them regularly to let the light in so your gems can shine. To clean transparent crystalline gemstones, simply soak them in water with a touch of gentle dish soap. Use a bowl of water rather than the sink to eliminate the risk of anything going down the drain. If necessary, use a soft toothbrush to scrub behind the stone. Rinse the soap off and pat dry with a lint-free cloth (you want to make sure threads won't catch on the prongs) For diamond, ruby or sapphire, a touch of ammonia in the rinse water won't hurt a bit and can add extra sparkle (for platinum and gold only, not silver!). Think twice before putting gems in an ultrasonic cleaner. Diamonds and rubies and sapphires will be fine but many other gems many not be, in particular emerald, opal, pearls, peridot: when in doubt, leave it out.
4. Organic gems like pearls, coral, and amber should only be wiped clean with moist cloth. Due to their organic nature, these gems are both soft and porous. Be careful about chemicals in hairspray, cosmetics, or perfume: they can, over time, damage pearls in particular. Opals also require special care. Never use an ultrasonic, never use ammonia, and avoid heat and strong light.
5. Opaque gemstones like lapis lazuli, turquoise, malachite, require special care because they are rocks, not crystals of a single mineral like transparent gems. There gem materials should just be wiped clean gently with a moist cloth. These gemstones can be porous and may absorb chemicals, even soap, and they may build up inside the stone and discolor it. Never use and ultrasonic cleaner and never use ammonia or any chemical solution.
A little care and common sense can add life, luster and longevity to your precious jewelry and gems. Protect your investment by following the above guidelines.
For more information on jewelry and gemstones, we cordially invite you to visit http://www.morninglightjewelry.com to pick up your FREE copy of "How To Buy Jewelry And Gemstones Without Being Ripped Off." This concise, informative special report reveals almost everything you ever wanted to know about jewelry and gemstones, but were afraid to ask. Get your FREE report at http://www.morninglightjewelry.com
Mirror Tinted Contact Lenses: Wild, and Practical Too
As a contact lens wearer, if you have searched the various lens options available on the market today, you've probably noticed that there are a lot of features to choose from. Some are fairly standard, and are mainly related to your eyesight correction and comfort. However, many features are now offered that are designed for your personal preferences and style. One such type of lenses are mirror tinted contact lenses. At first, you may think they are some kind of wild and crazy idea. But when you learn more about them, you realize they take care of some very real and important needs, and you may just decide that you'd like to try a pair yourself.
Turn Boring Reading Glasses Into Fun With Color, Shape And Design!
There is no use fighting the fact that at some point everyone needs reading glasses. There is no reason to tie yourself to a boring pair. Have fun with funky colors, crazy shapes and rhinestone embellishments. Show off your free spirit with the wide variety of reading glasses that stray from normal neutral colors and rounded shapes.
Stylin? Safety Glasses Are Hot to Look At
What do you think of when you hear the words "safety glasses"? Are you picturing the big clear plastic one size fits all glasses that sort of fit over your eyes? I have a pair of really cheap safety glasses that I only wear when I know no one will see me. They don't fit well and are very uncomfortable. I guess they serve their purpose for keeping debris out of my eyes; but there has to be a more stylish way to go. We're busy and very active people. We have lots of interests and we're involved in all kinds of sports and events. We like to be doing things and we want to look good doing it. There are all kinds of specialty equipment on the market for every interest so why not safety eyewear? According to a Vision Council of America (VCA) survey, the most important reasons for purchasing specialty types of eyewear include:
Celebrating a Special Occasion with Jewelry! How to Buy Jewelry? (Part I)
Nothing more personal than our response to color. Color is the new language of passion, and nothing captures it better than distinctively styled jewelry.
The Ring - Step Back in History
The popularity of rings increased during the medieval period. People wore rings no matter if they were rich or poor. The most used materials in the making of rings are copper, iron, gold and silver. The class of the person was usually identified by the material the ring was made of.
Flattering Swimwear for Everyone ? Yes, Even YOU!
"There are so many styles of swimwear to choose from, especially if you are a women. With more options than ever, all women regardless of size or shape, can feel stylish wearing swimwear at the pool or on the beach this season."
Fashion Basics That Wont Break The Bank
There are plenty of basics you can pick up that there's no need to pay the extra to obtain a "design name." From the outside no ones going to know they aren't designer and no ones going to see the label so their a safe bet!
Celtic Jewelry - A Beautiful Mystery Unraveled
Celtic jewelry like the Celts themselves has a rich history and a proud tradition. Immensely beautiful with intricate Celtic symbols and delicate designs, Celtic cross jewelry, Celtic knot jewelry, and beautiful Claddaugh rings have been admired and desired for thousands of years.
Discovering the Amazing Secret Benefits of Womens Shoes
I love womens shoes and in my lifetime will never own enough pairs.
After the Kilt Sniggers - Comes the Tartan Question
I want a kilt - can I have it in Tartan?
Fashionable Silver Earrings for Anytime and All the Time
It's been said that silver jewelry makes a person look youthful and energetic, while gold makes a person look sophisticated and mature. Hence, silver is a popular choice of the young for their adornments. It is also more practical, as it costs less than gold jewelry and is more widely available. There are more specialty shops that sell silver earrings, rings necklaces and bracelets, for example, than those that specialize in gold jewelry.
Wolf Jewelry: Dances With Vogue
When shopping for jewelry, one can see two extremes in any motif lineup: the delicate, feminine extreme, and the strong, masculine extreme. Among the "strong" extremes, wolf jewelry stands out as a common favorite -- it is, after all, the symbol of virility and independence, rebellion and complete self-possession. When one wears the most common types of masculine wolf jewelry, one is virtually saying, "I'm tough; don't mess with me."
Guess Handbags Are A Popular Fashion Accessory!
Guess is a widely recognized brand name that most people associate with clothing. But Guess handbags have made their way to the forefront with the creation of many stylish and unique designs. The Guess handbag is now a must have amongst the fashion elite due to the many desirable colors, styles, and designs of handbags. Guess is a popular designer name that both women and teens love to wear, so you will notice women of all ages carrying Guess designer handbags.
Do My Ugg Australia Boots Put Me Ahead of Fashion or Behind?
Ugg Australia boots are not just for winter anymore. These boots are showing up everywhere. Women are wearing these big boots with short skirts. Children and grown-ups alike are wearing their brightly colored boots regardless of the season. Celebrities are wearing these boots during filming breaks. Surfers are wearing these boots at the beach! Young or old, male or female, the demand for these boots has never before been greater.
Celebrity Engagement Rings
Whether we like it or not current trends in engagement rings say bigger is so much better. Just have a look at what style engagement rings celebrities are choosing. And of course what's good for them is good for the rest of us.
Pearl Jewelry Fashion Trends in 2005
A single strand of classic cultured pearls is always in fashion. Any woman who is looking for her first pearls will choose a white cultured Akoya pearl necklace. Their luminosity, simple elegance, and grace have made cultured Akoya pearls a top fashion pick, year after year.
Oakley Sunglasses! A Global Brand That Defines The True Meaning Of ?Vision?
It's amazing that it has been 30 years since the Oakley name has been introduced, and that this incredible brand of Oakley products originated from a man that started off with a line of motocross goggles back in 1980!
Panda Jewelry: an Eye on Our Endangered Wildlife
Thinking of an adorable motif to wear or give away to friends, but tired of cliches? Maybe you've bought too many ballerina figurines or puppy plushies. It's time to experiment with a different theme. The idea of panda jewelry is a unusual and is associated with environmental and ecological issues.
Celebrities Like Their Pearls
Pearls never go out of style ? they are always a classy and traditional wardrobe accessory that will never disappoint you. But this year they are a "front and center" fashion statement! Just ask celebrities like Sandra Bullok, Jennifer Anistan, or Courtney Cox.
Pull Off a Blazer with These Five Steps
The key to this season is to mix it up. This season is looking more towards a laid back but sophisticated look. The piece that drives this is the blazer. A blazer is a requirement for a man's wardrobe. I will include a few ways that the fashion professional helps you to look good this season.
home | site map
|Copyright © 2005 www.My-Marketing-Tools.com|